Confession: Bags, are my weakness. Not shoes, dresses, jewelry or even make-up but bags. I love bags. I blame the original obsession on my grandmother who had a closet full of bags, or as she would say, purse that would go with every outfit. The thing is I do not have “fancy” bags. Due to my personality, I have a big desire for things to be practical. This carries over into my love of bags. I want them to be practical. So, no I do not own any type of clutch, all of my bags, even my smallest ones can fit all my essentials, cash, cards, lip gloss, and travel tissues, this of course is if I am not traveling with a child. The minute that I add a child into the equation, the bag automatically needed to by multiplied by 4 in size. Simple logical math.
I have always had a mix of bags, Adidas, Fossil, pretty much whatever was on sale and was a bargain. When I had big man, I wanted a bag that still looked nice, was durable, could hold everything I wanted to take, and could easily be clean. Luckily my Mama, introduced my to Vera Bradley. This brand has now become my go to bag brand. It is easy to clean, comes in a variety of patterns, and there is a bag for anything you could think of. (Current collection / colors click here.)
Here are a few of my favorite Vera Bradley pieces:
Large Stroll Around Diaper Bag: It wasn’t until I became a Mom that I realized how much stuff you carry around for one small human. Who knew that one tiny person could require so much stuff. My typical diaper bag packing includes the following: 1 swaddle blanket, burp clothes, bibs, diapers, wipes, first aid kit, chap stick, sunscreen (or whatever the weather require lotion is at the time), teethers, toys, food, Mom water bottle, bottle/water (and a backup one), and at least 2 change of outfits for my baby, (and two be honest now that I have two there is also a back up outfit for my oldest son, and a few of his snack as well). I wanted one bag that I could fit everything in. The Vera Bradley Large Stroll Around was the perfect bag for me, (they do have other diaper bags including backpack ones.)
- Description from Vera Bradley website: Removable stroller straps to attach bag to stroller handles. Exterior pockets include two slip pockets, a zip pocket, and a front compartment containing the changing pad and two mesh pockets. Changing pad unsnaps from front compartment. Interior features laminated fabric and five mesh pockets. Zip closure. Care: Machine wash cold, gentle cycle. (How can you not love a bag that you can through in the wash when smoothies explode in the bag.) Dimensions 18 ¼” w x 14″ h x 7 ¼” d; 13 ½” strap drop, 12″ removable stroller straps.
Get Carried Away Tote: This tote is my go-to bag for our day adventure trips. If we are visiting friends, going to play grounds, or doing any family outing this is the bag that gets the extra toys, layers of clothes, change of shoes and food in. It has tons of pockets on the inside and outside to help you keep organizes, and know where your water bottles, keys and chocolate are.
- Description from Vera Bradley website: The Get Carried Away Tote offers both organization and flexibility. It features a breakaway zipper: keep the zipper in place and keep the bag securely closed or leave it open for easy access. Add in plenty of pockets to keep everything organized and you end up with this winner!Four outer pockets. Positional shoulder pads on straps. Eight total interior slip pockets (two are plastic-lined). Airline carry-on compliant. Breakaway zipper. Care: Remove chipboard from bottom before washing; hand wash cold. Dimensions 17 ½” w x 15 ½” h x 7 ½” d with 12 ½” strap drop
Iconic Vera Tote: When running errands around town or heading to work, my vera tote is the perfect bag. I can throw in my wallet, keys, wipes, diaper change pad, laptop, planner and a few snacks in with no problem. I also love that it has pockets on the inside to keep everything organized and pockets on outside as well.
- Description from Vera Bradley website: Our Iconic styles are a modern twist on our classic silhouettes, refreshed with added functionality. This tote is large enough for the commute to the office with enough pockets to keep your protein bars separate from your pens. Care: Close all zippers before laundering, machine wash cold, gentle cycle, use only non-chlorine bleach as needed; line dry. Dimensions 15″ w x 14 ½” h x 6″ d with 12″ strap drop.
Accessories: Of course there are always little things that can with the bag to make it that much better.
- Iconic Ditty Bag: You know when you take the kids to swim class or have a day at the beach or maybe just a day where they are super good covering themselves in multiple things? This is the bag you can put all that wet messy clothing in.
- Description from Vera Bradley website: Our Iconic styles are a modern twist on our classic silhouettes, refreshed with added functionality. Don’t let the simple silhouette fool you: this bag packs a powerful punch when it comes to versatility. Use it to carry your wet swimsuit, shoes when you’re packing, full-sized toiletries, or road trip snacks … you get the idea.
- Cosmetic Bags: Great for cosmetics, baby teething toys, on the go first aid kit, or separating out kids go to snack in your bag. It is plastic lined so if there are any spills or explosions it is kept in the bag. Also comes in a variety of size. The picture and description are for the Iconic Medium Cosmetic Bag.
- Description from Vera Bradley website: Our Iconic styles are a modern twist on our classic silhouettes, refreshed with added functionality. For more than the basics, this plastic-lined case holds bottles, brushes and all of your girl gear! Pretty and practical — that sounds like a winning combination to us. Care: Spot clean. Dimensions 7 ¾” w x 5 ¾” h x 2 ¾” d
Explore the Vera Bradley website to see more of their great products. (Like wallets and travel gear to name a few). This has truly become one of my favorite brands because it last so well, is easy to clean, and looks wonderful!