I love Christmas shopping. I love finding the right gift for the right person. However, it can be overwhelming. It can also be time-consuming. I am 1 of 4 kids, so when you start adding up all my nieces and nephews it can be a long list. A few years ago we started buying for just the kids in our families instead of the adults, and I know some friends that just do a big family gift instead of individual gifts for their immediate family.
Here are a few ideas for your nieces, nephews, friends, and family gift ideas:
(If you see a * beside a company it is to let you know they are a local BC company, but most of them do ship to the USA as well.)
Pajamas/ Comfy Jumpers: Everyone loves PJ’s and there are a lot of super cute ones out there for kids. There are tons of places (especially local) that make adorable, comfortable, and good quality pajamas. Here are a few: (I have linked the stores and the product options. Just click the Bold words and it should take you to their online stores!)
- *Whistle and Flute: Adult PJ’s Kid PJ’s (I linked their Snow Flake PJ’s but they have other adorable options, including there Bacon & Eggs PJ.)
- Purl Lamb: These jumpers are so adorable and from my home state of North Carolina. Check out their fun and fantastic prints!
Games: Everyone loves a good game. (other than one which takes a million hours to play…aka Monopoly with my two brothers.) Games can be a great gift for kids and families. Here are a few favorites:
- Monopoly Deal: This is the only version of Monopoly I play now. It is fun, easy to follow, and played at a quick pace.
- Ticket to Ride: Travel across different countries on a train adventure. There are a ton of version so this game from the USA, Europe, or Asia. It is a fabulous game that keeps everyone engaged as they plan there routes to their various destinations. There is even a kids versions so you can play with everyone in the family.
- For more family game ideas check out The Spruce: The 13 Best Family Board Games to Buy in 2018.
Experiences: There are a ton of things out there that families want to do, but often time and money prevent that from happening. Do a little research to see what is near the places your family members live. Here are a few ideas.
- Gift Card to a favorite local family restaurant.
- Tickets or Gift Card to the local movie theater
- Local attractions gift card – to the aquarium, zoo, Lego Land – look where your family lives and what some of the best rated attractions are and get them tickets to that.
- Gift cards / passes / or punch card to the local recreation center, pool, climbing wall or YMCA. Sometimes a $25 dollar gift card to the pool is the best gift ever because it motivates people to be active and go as a family together on a rainy day.
These are a few of my ideas of our extended family gifting this year. What are your suggestions / ideas for extended family and friends?