As you probably know by now my boys love, love, love books. They love looking at books, being read to, and attempting to read on their own. Here are a few of our current favorites, that we read daily….over and over again.
- Goodnight Goodnight Construction Sight (Board Book) by Sherri Duskey RinkerAll about how all those big awesome construction site vehicles, from the excavator to the dump truck, that at the end of the day need a good nights rest.
- Little Blue Truck Spring Time by Alice SchertleWe love all the Little Blue truck books. This is another great addition to the set. This one is also a Lift-the-Flap book which helps to get the little ones involved in the reading of the story.
- Steam Train Dream Train (Board Book) by Sherri Duskey RinkerSince we love trains, it is so no surprise that this book is all about a train pulling into the station and loading up for the night.
- 5 Little Monkey (Book series) by Eilleen ChristelowThese book start with the classic song of “5 Little Monkey’s Jumping on the Bed”. Each book shares the adventure of the 5 little monkey and what they are up to. Here a few of the books from the series:
- Down By The Bay by RaffiThis is a classic book that has a wonderful music melody. My boys love reading/singing this song. My oldest son loves coming up with word that rhyme to add to the down by the bay song, though the actual rhyming is still a work in progress.
- Grandma’s Attic (series) by Arlet RichardsonThese are stories that both my husband and I grew up on. They are stories of farm life in the 1870’s. As our big man has gotten older these are fantastic because they are chapters books (small chapters) that we can do a chapter in the evening before bed we the him. Even though he still loves non-chapter books, these ones he calls “growing up books.” Here are a few other books in the series.
We would love to hear what some of your favorite books are right now with your little ones.